Columbus Area Visitors Center
GETTING TO THE COLUMBUS VISITORS CENTER
Directions from Indianapolis, Louisville, Bloomington
- From I-65 exit #68, follow SR 46E into Columbus.
- As you approach the red bridge, continue on SR 46E through the stoplight at the intersection with Indiana Highway 11, and cross the red bridge in the center lane. You will see the courthouse straight ahead.
- As you pass the courthouse, move into the left lane, you will see City Hall on your right.
- Go one block past Washington Street, to Franklin Street – watch for the brown directional sign for the Visitors Center on your left.
- Turn left onto Franklin Street, a one-way street heading north.
- Continue three (3) blocks and move into the right lane.
- The Visitors Center will be on your right, on the corner of Fifth & Franklin Streets.
- You may park on the north side of the building – turn right into the Visitors Center and Library parking lot. If the lot is full, other parking options are available nearby, go HERE to view a parking guide.
Directions from Cincinnati:
- I-74 to the Greensburg exit #134A.
- From Greensburg follow SR 46W to Columbus for 19 miles.
- When you come to the four-way stop at the intersection of SR 46 and Hwy 9, do NOT turn south onto Highway 46; instead, continue straight ahead for 8 miles, straight into the east side of Columbus (you will be on 25th Street).
- You will pass a Needlers supermarket, then a Burger King, North High School, and then a Taco Bell. Continue on this road until you come to a T-intersection, which is Washington Street.
- Turn left (south) onto Washington Street and continue just over 1.25 miles, where you will be entering the downtown.
- Turn left at the stoplight for 7th Street.
- Go one block, cross the intersection of Franklin Street, and then turn right into the parking lot across the street from First Presbyterian Church.
- Visitors Center parking is at the south end of the lot. If the lot is full, other parking options are available nearby, go HERE to view a parking guide.
Getting to Columbus from the Indianapolis airport
- Sorry, there are no shuttles or taxis that run between Columbus and the Indianapolis airport.
- Your best option is to rent a car, as it is about an hour’s drive from the Indianapolis airport and about an hour and half from the Louisville airport.