Make plans to attend Exhibit Columbus 2019
The 2019 exhibition expands on the curatorial theme in a tangible way by inviting architects and designers to create outdoor installations and experiences that use Columbus’ built heritage as inspiration and context, while highlighting the role that a visionary community plays in growing a vibrant, sustainable, and equitable city.
The second Exhibit Columbus exhibition runs Aug 24 – Dec 1, 2019.
View the winners of the 2018-2019 Exhibit Columbus Miller Prize.
Although some exhibit installation stops may have limitations in access, the guided tour path is accessible by those using a wheelchair. Please reach out with any specific questions. 812-378-2622. Installations and exhibits are located on iconic sites throughout Columbus and many are designed with an interactive element. The aim is for individuals of all abilities to have an equitable experience at the exhibit. Due to occasional site limitations, structures may be located on uneven ground or raised levels without complete access.
In the News:
- “Here’s Why You Need to Visit Columbus, Indiana This Year” in Dwell
- “Exhibit Columbus 2019 explores architecture and community in Indiana” in Wallpaper*
- A new Exhibit Columbus line of clutches, handbags, and messenger bags at PUP (People for Urban Progress)
- “Exhibit Columbus’ is the kind of cultural endeavor you’d be surprised to see even a large city undertake; you would never expect a place of this size and location to attempt it.” (Hello, Columbus. A Small Town Gives Chicago A Run For Its Architectural Legacy, NewCity Design)
- “…the most iconic structures were constructed decades ago, and so the town, with a ‘let’s put on a show’ spirit, has decided to breathe new life into the local legacy.” (Columbus, Ind., Renews its Big Design Legacy, New York Times)
- “(Exhibit Columbus) has crafted a series of events and encounters that bring the cityscape to life in new and surprising ways.” (Why Columbus, Indiana, Should Be On Your Design Itinerary This Year, Surface Magazine)
Exhibit Columbus posters, available now!
- White 24 x 36 poster – $75, signed in pencil by Rick Valicenti
- Miller Prize 18 x 24 posters – $40, signed by Rick Valicenti, numbered limited edition of 30 each – individual posters feature Agency Landscape + Planning, Bryony Roberts Studio, Fredo Escobedo Studio, Mass Design Group, and SO-IL
- Available in the Visitors Center Gift Shop