2021 Exhibit Columbus in Columbus, Indiana
For the Fall 2021 Exhibition, co-curators Iker Gil and Mimi Zeiger invited exhibition participants to create site-specific, future-oriented installations, which were developed in response to the theme: New Middles: From Main Street to Megalopolis, What is the Future of the Middle City?
Follow Exhibit Columbus on social media and sign up for the newsletter to receive programming updates.
Read the Wallpaper* magazine feature article on the 2020-2021 Exhibit Columbus theme – “This year’s prize winners include a selection of dynamic, US-based and international practices: Dream the Combine from Minneapolis, USA, ecosistema urbano from Miami and Madrid, Spain, Future Firm from Chicago, USA, Olalekan Jeyifous from Brooklyn, USA and Sam Jacob Studio from London, UK.”
About Exhibit Columbus / 2019
The 2019 exhibition expanded on the curatorial theme in a tangible way by inviting architects and designers to create outdoor installations and experiences that use Columbus’ built heritage as inspiration and context, while highlighting the role that a visionary community plays in growing a vibrant, sustainable, and equitable city.
The second Exhibit Columbus exhibition ran Aug 24 – Dec 1, 2019. Read more about the 2019 exhibit at The Architect’s Newspaper.
In the News / 2019
- “Here’s Why You Need to Visit Columbus, Indiana This Year” in Dwell
- “Exhibit Columbus 2019 explores architecture and community in Indiana” in Wallpaper*
- A new Exhibit Columbus line of clutches, handbags, and messenger bags at PUP (People for Urban Progress)
- “Exhibit Columbus’ is the kind of cultural endeavor you’d be surprised to see even a large city undertake; you would never expect a place of this size and location to attempt it.” (Hello, Columbus. A Small Town Gives Chicago A Run For Its Architectural Legacy, NewCity Design)
- “…the most iconic structures were constructed decades ago, and so the town, with a ‘let’s put on a show’ spirit, has decided to breathe new life into the local legacy.” (Columbus, Ind., Renews its Big Design Legacy, New York Times)
- “(Exhibit Columbus) has crafted a series of events and encounters that bring the cityscape to life in new and surprising ways.” (Why Columbus, Indiana, Should Be On Your Design Itinerary This Year, Surface Magazine)