The Exhibit Columbus team is planning for the 2020 Symposium this fall, which will be hosted virtually with the potential for some in-person events in Columbus. More details to be announced soon. Exhibit Columbus will continue to closely monitor health recommendations related to COVID-19 in effort to produce programs that engage its audiences and the community in a safe manner throughout the 2020-21 cycle of programming.
For the Fall 2021 Exhibition, co-curators Iker Gil and Mimi Zeiger have invited exhibition participants to create site-specific, future-oriented installations, which will be developed over the coming year in response to the theme: New Middles: From Main Street to Megalopolis, What is the Future of the Middle City?
Follow Exhibit Columbus on social media and sign up for the newsletter to receive programming updates.
Read the Wallpaper* magazine feature article on the 2020-2021 Exhibit Columbus theme – “This year’s prize winners include a selection of dynamic, US-based and international practices: Dream the Combine from Minneapolis, USA, ecosistema urbano from Miami and Madrid, Spain, Future Firm from Chicago, USA, Olalekan Jeyifous from Brooklyn, USA and Sam Jacob Studio from London, UK.”
Purchase an Exhibit Columbus poster
- White 24 x 36 poster – $75, signed in pencil by Rick Valicenti
- Miller Prize 18 x 24 posters – $40, signed by Rick Valicenti, numbered limited edition of 30 each – individual posters feature Agency Landscape + Planning, Bryony Roberts Studio, Fredo Escobedo Studio, Mass Design Group, and SO-IL
- Available in the Visitors Center Gift Shop
About Exhibit Columbus / 2019
The 2019 exhibition expanded on the curatorial theme in a tangible way by inviting architects and designers to create outdoor installations and experiences that use Columbus’ built heritage as inspiration and context, while highlighting the role that a visionary community plays in growing a vibrant, sustainable, and equitable city.
The second Exhibit Columbus exhibition ran Aug 24 – Dec 1, 2019. Read more about the 2019 exhibit at The Architect’s Newspaper.
In the News / 2019 exhibit
- “Here’s Why You Need to Visit Columbus, Indiana This Year” in Dwell
- “Exhibit Columbus 2019 explores architecture and community in Indiana” in Wallpaper*
- A new Exhibit Columbus line of clutches, handbags, and messenger bags at PUP (People for Urban Progress)
- “Exhibit Columbus’ is the kind of cultural endeavor you’d be surprised to see even a large city undertake; you would never expect a place of this size and location to attempt it.” (Hello, Columbus. A Small Town Gives Chicago A Run For Its Architectural Legacy, NewCity Design)
- “…the most iconic structures were constructed decades ago, and so the town, with a ‘let’s put on a show’ spirit, has decided to breathe new life into the local legacy.” (Columbus, Ind., Renews its Big Design Legacy, New York Times)
- “(Exhibit Columbus) has crafted a series of events and encounters that bring the cityscape to life in new and surprising ways.” (Why Columbus, Indiana, Should Be On Your Design Itinerary This Year, Surface Magazine)