Columbus is centrally located between Indianapolis, Louisville, and Cincinnati and is just minutes from Interstate 65.
Finding us with internet map services
- To find us, and get directions, from Google maps, click HERE.
- To find us, and get directions, from MapQuest, click HERE.
Getting to Columbus from Indianapolis, Louisville, Cincinnati airports
- There are no direct connections from the airports, by bus or by train, to Columbus, so the best way to get to Columbus is to rent a car to make the short trip.
Directions from Indianapolis, Louisville, Bloomington
- From the I-65 exit (exit #68), follow SR 46 East into Columbus.
- Continue on SR 46E through the stoplight at the intersection with Indiana Highway 11 and cross the red bridge in the center lane, you will see the courthouse straight ahead.
- Move to the left lane once you have merged onto Second Street, after the stoplight, and as you pass the courthouse.
- Proceed two blocks east to Franklin Street, watch for brown directional sign for the Visitors Center.
- Turn left onto Franklin Street, a one-way street north, proceed three blocks.
- The Visitors Center is on the northeast corner of Fifth & Franklin Street and will be on your right. You may park behind the building -- turn right into the parking lot from Franklin Street.
Directions from Cincinnati
- From Cincinnati take I-74 to the Greensburg exit #134A.
- From Greensburg, follow State Road 46 West to Columbus.
- Upon entering the outskirts of Columbus, you will cross the Clifty Creek Bridge; stay on 46W to Franklin Street (from the bridge it is approximately 2-3 miles to Franklin Street).
- You will pass a Dairy Queen on the right, where there is a stoplight.
- The next light is Franklin Street; turn right on Franklin (a one-way street north).
- Proceed north two blocks to Fifth Street; the Visitors Center will be on the northeast corner on your right. You may park behind the building - turn right into the parking lot from Franklin Street.
- For a city map of Columbus, with lodging and attraction information, go HERE (lodging information is on page two)
- Go HERE for a free guide to the Fifth Street Corridor, downtown
- Go HERE for a guide to downtown parking
- Stop into the Visitors Center and pick up a $3 Guide to Art and Architecture, with photos and guide to locations (shown below)