Columbus Indiana - Columbus, Indiana. Unexpected. Unforgettable.
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
This website requires the Macromedia Flash Player.

Click here to get the latest Flash Player

Other

Jump To:  A - F | G - L | M - R | S - Z | All
Bartholomew County Jail
543 Second Street
Columbus, IN
Designed by Don M Hisaka in 1990, the four-story building has a wire-mesh dome for outdoor recreation. The oval-shaped jail features brick and limestone materials that are compatible with nearby Columbus City Hall and the Bartholomew County Courthous...

more information...
Bartholomew County Public Library/Cleo Rogers Memorial Library
536 Fifth St
Columbus, IN
Phone: 812-379-1255
Visit Website

I. M. Pei, who liked to design buildings with postcard views, designed the library, which was built in 1969. He wanted a quiet setting for the library and requested that Lafayette Street be closed to help create a large, open space or plaza. The ...

more information...
Columbus Area Visitors Center
506 Fifth Street
Columbus, IN
Phone: 812- 378-2622
Fax: 812-372-7348
Visit Website
Located on City Map on the point M : 9

The Columbus Area Visitors Center was the home of John Vaulter Storey in 1864. The building style is Italianate and the building materials are brick and limestone. The building has long rectangular windows, bracketed eaves and window hoods. In additi...

more information...
Columbus Regional Hospital
2400 E 17th St
Columbus, IN
Phone: 812-379-4441
Visit Website

Robert A. M. Stern fashioned a master plan for Columbus Regional Hospital which included both major renovation of the existing facility and new construction. Two pavilions, a central lobby and a glass-enclosed dining pavilion are some of the newer fe...

more information...
Columbus Regional Hospital Mental Health Services
2075 Lincoln Park Drive
Columbus, IN
Designed by James Stewart Polshek in 1972, the two-story building spans Haw Creek and is based on two offset rectangles. On one bank is Columbus Regional Hospital’s main campus and on the other is a city park and part of the 19 miles of People Trails...

more information...
Fire Station No. 1
1101 Jackson St.
Columbus, IN
The original Fire Station One was designed by Leighton Bowers in 1941 in the Art Nouveau style with simple lines of buff brick, limestone, glass and stainless steel. The addition and renovation were by James K Paris and Nolan Bingham in 1990. Michael...

more information...
Fire Station No. 3
80 S. Gladstone
Columbus, IN
William Burd designed the station in 1983 and it features a large graphic red three. It is a small station that meets the needs of the neighborhood.

more information...
Fire Station No. 4
4730 E. 25th St.
Columbus, IN
Robert Venturi designed the station in 1967 in a trapezoidal shape of cinderblock, white glazed and red unglazed brick and glass. The hose-drying tower provides a focal point in contrast to an otherwise low, utilitarian building.

more information...
Fire Station No. 5
100 Goeller Blvd.
Columbus, IN
Susana Torre designed the station in 1987 as two overlapping squares. It is located on former farmland and close to and serving a rapidly growing residential area. These issues were resolved by using understated references to familiar rural symbols o...

more information...
Fire Station No. 6
1900 W. 450 S.
Columbus, IN
William Rawn designed the station in 1998 close to an industrial park south of Columbus. The east and west walls are fabricated of glass blocks and doors within a steel frame giving the building a crisp, contemporary feeling.

more information...
Four Seasons Retirement Center
1901 Taylor Rd
Columbus, IN
Four Seasons Retirement Center was designed by the Architects Collaborative, with Norman Fletcher as the principal architect. Built in 1967, this one-story center has residential apartments, a healthcare center, beauty and barber shop, gift shop, act...

more information...
Friendship Way (Columbus Walkway Project)
416 Washigton Street
Columbus, IN
The pedestrian alleyway is an extension of Streetscape, featuring a similar rhythmic brick paying pattern. Citizens of Miyoshi, Japan (sister city to Columbus) purchased bricks with their names to be included in the project. The neon sculpture is by ...

more information...
Front Door Bridge
Interstate 65 and State Road 46
Exit 68
Columbus, IN
The Front Door Project, a twin-ribbed arch bridge, spans Interstate 65 and State Road 46 and was created by J. Muller International. It was intended to provide a safe, efficient and effective entryway into Columbus. The city also hoped to model how a...

more information...
Robert N. Stewart Bridge
State Road 46 and Lindsay Street

The Robert N. Stewart Bridge is a cable-stayed bridge. Designed by J. Muller International and completed in 1999, it is the first of its kind in North America. The bridge offers an impressive view of two of the city’s notable structures – the Barthol...

more information...
Sycamore Place
1320 West 200 South
Columbus, IN
Sycamore Place, by Gwathmey Siegel & Associates Architects, was built in 1982 as apartments for seniors. The complex has 24 one-bedroom units, three of which are for the physically challenged. Each apartment has its own balcony or terrace.

more information...
Jump To:  A - F | G - L | M - R | S - Z | All



Powered By: simpleview
 





Columbus Spotlight