Zaharakos Ice Cream Parlor and Museum
This elegantly-restored 1900-style ice cream parlor and museum was named "The Number One Thing Every Hoosier Must Do" by Indianapolis Monthly magazine. One writer said it is “...a confection of mirrors, marble, Tiffany glass, carved woodwork, and polished soda-fountain plumbing.” The one-of-a kind Victorian ice cream parlor and museum is a wonder to kids of all ages, who can enjoy the musical sounds of the 1908 Welte Orchestrion, which mimics 182 instruments. Indulge in homemade sodas and ice cream specialties.
Try the traditional favorite, a Green River, made the old-fashioned way. The gift shop features handmade toys, trains, and ice cream items. The Commons playground and kidscommons are right nearby!
Open Monday - Friday 8 am to 8 pm
Open Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 8 pm.
NEARBY SEE & DO
- 2 Arcs de 212.5 - "Red C" (0.02 miles)
- kidscommons (0.03 miles)
- Luckey Climber (0.03 miles)
- 301 Washington (0.03 miles)
- Friendship Way (0.04 miles)
- The Commons Playground (0.04 miles)
NEARBY EAT & DRINK
- Jordy McTaggart’s (0.01 miles)
- Puccini's (0.03 miles)
- Gramz Bakery and Cafe (0.04 miles)
- Subway - The Commons (0.04 miles)
- Smith's Row (0.04 miles)
- 4th Street Bar & Grill (0.04 miles)