Columbus is centrally located between Indianapolis, Louisville, and Cincinnati and just minutes from I-65.
The Visitors Center is located at 506 5th Street in downtown Columbus, Indiana.
Finding us with internet map services
- To find us and get directions from Google maps, click HERE.
- To find us and get directions from MapQuest, click HERE.
Directions from Indianapolis, Louisville, Bloomington
- From I-65 exit #68, follow SR 46E into Columbus.
- Continue on SR 46E through the stoplight at the intersection with Indiana Highway 11 and cross the red bridge in the center lane. You will see the courthouse straight ahead.
- As you pass the courthous move into the left lane.
- Proceed two blocks east to Franklin Street. Watch for the brown directional sign for the Visitors Center on your left.
- Turn left onto Franklin Street, which is a one-way street heading north.
- Continue three blocks and move into the right lane.
- The Visitors Center will be on your right, on the corner of Fifth & Franklin Streets.
- You may park behind the building - turn right into the parking lot from Franklin Street.
Directions from Cincinnati
- From Cincinnati take I-74 to the Greensburg exit #134A.
- From Greensburg follow SR 46W to Columbus for 19 miles.
- When you come to the four-way stop at the intersection of SR 46 and Hwy 9, do NOT turn south onto Highway 46; instead, continue straight ahead for 8 miles, straight into the east side of Columbus (you will be on 25th Street).
- You will pass a Marsh supermarket, then a Burger King, North High School, and then a Taco Bell. Continue on this road until you reach a stoplight at a T-intersection, which is Washington Street.
- Turn left (South) onto Washington Street and continue just over 1.25 miles, where you will be entering the downtown.
- Turn left at the stoplight for 7th Street.
- Go one block, cross the intersection of Franklin Street, and then turn right into the parking lot across the street from First Presbyterian Church.
- Visitors Center parking is at the south end of the lot.
Getting to Columbus from the Indianapolis or Louisville airports
- There are no shuttles or taxis that run between Columbus and these airports.
- Your best option is to rent a car, as it is about an hour's drive from the Indianapolis airport and about an hour and half from the Louisville airport.
- Click HERE for a free map and guide to the Avenue of the Architects, along 5th Street in downtown Columbus (opens a PDF window).
- Click HERE for a guide to downtown parking (opens a PDF window).
- Click HERE for a map of the Columbus area (opens a PDF window).
- Stop into the Visitors Center to pick up a $3 Guide to Art and Architecture, with photos and guide to locations (shown below).